SUMMER 2020 is currently closed- you may email to get on wait list.
This year’s Leaders in Training (LIT) program is designed to add more flexibility to your summer! LIT’s must attend for a minimum of 4 weeks, and you may choose the weeks that work for your family’s summer plans. The LIT experience is designed for incoming 7th - 10th graders that want to have a summer of FUN, while learning leadership skills and participating in projects throughout the community. Leader In Training program will help the teens gain skills, challenge themselves, and learn about ways they can contribute to their community.
The weeks will be filled with general camp F-U-N with a leadership twist. We will be working on large scale and small scale community projects this summer:
- Bake Sale: We are going to learn to scale recipes, kitchen operations and sanitation, budgeting, goal setting, marketing and then get baking! The LITs will then operate bake sale days in our community.
- Track Meet: We are going to put together the MRPA track meet at the GNG HS. We will recruit and assign volunteers, accept registrations, time the meet, record results, pass out awards, etc.
- Host Blood Drive: We are going to work with the American Red Cross to host a Blood Drive event at Town Hall. We will learn about the blood donation needs in our community and how blood donation saves lives. We will work to set up the stations, take registrations, provide refreshments and recruit donors.
- LITs will build upon the Cornhole Tournament we hosted last summer. We will construct and decorate the boards, organize brackets, register teams, and operate the tournament on the last day of camp.
- LITs have 7 great trips planned this summer: Range Pond, Funtown, Monkey C, Monkey Do, Aquaboggan, Sea Dogs, and Rafting with Adventure Bound.
- This group works closely with the Summer Day Camp (Grade School level) and has the opportunity to volunteer in assisting with this camp when scheduled throughout the summer.
For more information about the LIT Camp, please see the attached handbook.
LIT Program Registration Options:
Ultimate Package: This option is all inclusive; one camp t-shirt, all field trips and ice cream walks, and before and after care. Campers enrolled in the ultimate package may be dropped off as early as 7am and picked up as late as 5:30pm. $1250
Full Summer: This option includes all field trips, ice cream walks, and one camp t-shirt. Campers in this package may be dropped off at 8am and must be picked up by 4pm. Occasional Before/Aftercare available for $15 per instance. $1150
Weekly option- Four week minimum $185 per week 8:00-4:00 or $210 per week with before and after care 7:30-5:30
Calendar- The finalized summer calendar will be released early May.
- The complete LIT Camp handbook is available below.
- Camp runs for 8 weeks.
- There is NO CAMP on July 3 in observance of Independence Day.
- It is mandatory for parents/guardians to sign in AND out campers on a daily basis, unless you agree to the disclaimer online giving permission for your child to sign themselves out.
- T-shirts are REQUIRED FOR ALL FIELD TRIPS. If you do not bring it, we will supply you with another one and you will be charged ($12).
- You must bring lunch (unless you opt in for free lunch), snacks and drinks. Label all items. No soda or glass containers.
- Snack Shack cards can be purchased through this website.
- Your teen is responsible for making sure they apply sunscreen before coming to camp each morning. We strongly recommend keeping a bottle in their backpack.
- While pickup and drop off is generally at the Town Hall Complex, there may be times when you're instructed to pick up or drop off your LIT camper at a different location. Weather can make these decisions change quickly. Please stay tuned to your text messages and/or email for notification regarding changed pickup location.
Additional Forms and Files: