GNG Soccer is back for another great season!
Our program focuses on soccer instruction via skills and drills. Our coaches are planning sessions that will work on various foundational skills and use them to play games that enhance the skills in a fun environment.
Each session, coaches will lead their group through a warm-up and stretches to educate kids on how to properly prepare for exercise. Then, kids will engage in drills that are fun and provide opportunities to practice the skills they've learned. Sessions will wrap up with a scrimmage to put the skills into a game-play situation.
PLEASE NOTE SESSION TIMES:
- Session Times:
- 3rd-6th Grade 9:30-10:30
- Kindergarten 9:30-10:15
- 3 Year Olds 10:30-11:00
- 1st Grade 10:30-11:15
- Pre-k (4 year olds) 11:15-11:45
- 2nd Grade 11:15-12:00
NEW THIS YEAR: 50% Discount for this program for those athletes that are also participating in Patriots Soccer. Discount will be applied after verification with Patriots Soccer.
What equipment do we need?
Athletes will be ready to participate if they are wearing athletic clothing and sneakers and have a water bottle with them. Soccer cleats, soccer socks, and shin guards are not required but can be helpful. Each year, we collect gently used soccer cleats and shin-guards community-swap style; if your kiddo needs cleats, please look through the bin to see if the right size is available. If your kiddo no longer needs a pair of cleats, please consider donating them to the community. There is not any exchange of money for using this program, we’re trying to help old cleats find new feet. If you’re ready to donate cleats now, contact Sarah (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Anthony (email@example.com) and we’ll be sure to coordinate drop off and make them available for participants.
Are you a parent who would rather run around with the kids than sit and watch them play? Soccer is a popular program and assistance from willing parents helps our coaching staff execute the skill sessions as smoothly as possible. In order to volunteer, the parent must successfully complete a background check and sign a liability waiver. In exchange for time and efforts, volunteers will receive a tshirt, hat, whistle, and more smiles than you thought possible on Saturday mornings in the fall.
Parent Volunteers can help by:
- Helping kiddos find his/her parent if they need to use the restroom or have other needs.
- Help the coaching staff by providing another adult to help demonstrate a skill or drill
- Helping smaller groups of kids stay on track with the skill practice or drill.
GNG Youth Soccer runs Saturday September 16th-October 28th we may have up to two weather make ups. (please note that we skip October 7th, The weekend of Indigenous People's Day).
Scholarships available for residents from both towns. Click here for more information or reach out to the Recreation Director from your town of residence if you have questions about the scholarship program.
GNG Youth Soccer Age Group Program Descriptions:
- 3 – 4 year olds: This is a great opportunity for your little kicker to get used to dribbling, passing, and shooting the soccer ball while playing age appropriate games to build skills and have fun. This is a great opportunity for kiddos to learn how to participate in a class in this format; following instructions, taking turns, and developing community camaraderie are our goals. 30 Minute sessions.
- Kindergarten to 2nd Grade: Sessions for this age group will be focused on skill building, using drills and games to enhance skills. Each session will end with a short, small-sided scrimmage. 45 minute sessions.
- 3rd to 6th Grade: Sessions for this age group will consist of skills and drills that focus on the development of the next level of soccer game management and aptitude for young athletes. 60 minute sessions. We'll work to provide scrimmages for this group again. These scrimmages will be optional for those that do not wish to travel. We will structure a practice for those not attending the offsite scrimmages. More info for that will come towards the end of the season.