Sports, GNG Jr. Track and Field
GNG Jr. Track and Field
Track and Field Participants will learn and practice a variety of track and field events including sprints, hurdles, relays, long jump, and softball throw. We will track our progress throughout the season. Coaches will focus on helping kiddos improve technique, celebrate improvements and have fun.
The season will be wrapped up with a track meet that is hosted by the Maine Recreation and Parks Association. Athletes (age 7 and older) can compete at the regional, state, and even Tri-State competition - the 2021 meet discussions are still underway and will likely take place virtually. Details are still in the works for this event.
We will be following the guidelines from the CDC to determine the best format for the program. As of now (4/14/2021), the following guidelines are required for participation in our programs:
- Kids and staff will be screened upon arrival for the presence of any signs or symptoms of illness.
- Hands will be sanitized upon arrival and frequently throughout the session.
- Equipment will be sanitized before and after use.
- Physical distancing will be maintained while waiting turns and performing drills as much as possible.
-Athletes, coaches, staff and spectators will wear a face covering at all times.
- Please make sure kiddos wear athletic clothing and sneakers.
- Bring water bottle