Gray and New Gloucester Recreation Departments are excited to bring back our Fall Youth Soccer Program! The program will look a bit different due to our new normal, but we couldn't be more excited to host you all again!
Sessions will take place on Saturday mornings and exact times will be determined as we get closer to our kick off date. Sessions will take place between 8am and 1pm. Please help us by registering before August 31 so we can accommodate as many athletes as are interested.
We will be altering the format of our program to help athletes stay safe and reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. The guidelines that help us do that tend to change regularly and we will keep up to date with the most recent information. Unfortunately, this means we will need to restrict the number of athletes in each age group. If your age group is full, please join the wait list and we will accommodate as many athletes as possible.
- Children, staff, and spectators who are not feeling well are asked to stay home
- Kiddos will be grouped by age into sections of no more than 10 athletes and 2 coaches.
- Our skills and drills activities will be planned in a way that maximizes physical space between athletes and coaches. If guidance allows, we will plan for small-sided scrimmages at the end of each session.
- We will be sanitizing our hands as we get on and off the field.
- The number of spectators per child will be limited.
We are looking for volunteers to assist in execution of our practice plans each week. If you are willing to help during your child’s session, please let us know during the registration process and we will be in touch!
Registration includes a t-shirt
GNG Youth Soccer runs Saturday September 12th-October 24 and our rain date is October 31st (please note that we skip October 10, Columbus Day Weekend).
Scholarships available. Click here for more information.
GNG Youth Soccer
- Little Kickers (3 year olds): This is a great opportunity for your little kicker to get used to dribbling, passing, and shooting the soccer ball while playing age appropriate games to build skills and have fun. 30 Minute sessions.
- Pre-K to 2nd Grade: Sessions for this age group will be focused on skill building, using drills and games to enhance skills. Each session will end with a short, small-sided scrimmage. 45 minute sessions.
- 3rd to 6th Grade: Sessions for this age group will consist of skills and drills that focus on the development of the next level of soccer game management and aptitude for your athletes. 45 minute session.